Breaking News

Edo Discharges 130 More COVID-19 Patients, Death Toll Hits 40


The Edo State Government has announced the discharge of 130 COVID-19 patients from its isolation centres across the state.

The announcement was made by Governor of the state, Mr. Godwin Obaseki at a press briefing monitored by Igbere TV, on Thursday, in Benin city.

He said the latest figure (of recovered patients) brings the total number of recoveries in the state to 448, with 40 deaths so far.

Obaseki said, “We have discharged 130 COVID-19 patients from our isolation centres across the state. This brings the number of recoveries to 448.

“We lost 1 (one) more person to the virus, with the total number of fatalities now 40. Let's Stay Safe to protect the elderly in our state.”


The Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has so far announced 1,165 cases of Coronavirus in the Southern state, Igbere TV reports.

As of Wednesday, Nigeria recorded 26,484 cases of the disease. While 10,152 people have recovered, 603 people have died.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

No comments